No Tags | Senza categoria

Do I Need a Party Wall Agreement to Sell My House?

If you are planning on selling your home, you may have heard about a party wall agreement. But what exactly is it, and do you really need one to sell your property?

A party wall agreement is a legal document that outlines the rights and responsibilities of two or more property owners with regards to a shared wall, fence, or boundary. It is typically required when a property owner plans to carry out certain types of work, such as building an extension, that may affect the structure or stability of the adjoining property.

However, when it comes to selling your house, the need for a party wall agreement will depend on a number of factors.

Firstly, if you are planning on making any changes to the property that would require a party wall agreement, such as building an extension or converting the loft, then you will need to have the agreement in place before you can begin the work. This will usually involve notifying your neighbours in writing of your plans, and giving them the opportunity to dispute or agree to the proposed works.

If you are not planning on carrying out any building works that would affect the party wall, then you do not need a party wall agreement to sell your property. However, it is always a good idea to check with your solicitor or conveyancer to ensure that there are no legal requirements or issues that need to be addressed prior to completing the sale.

It is worth noting that if your property does have a party wall agreement in place, this will need to be disclosed to potential buyers during the conveyancing process. This is because the agreement may affect the use and enjoyment of the property, and buyers will need to be aware of any potential issues before making an offer.

In summary, whether or not you need a party wall agreement to sell your house will depend on whether you are planning on carrying out any building works that would affect the adjoining property. If you are unsure whether a party wall agreement is required, it is always best to seek professional advice from a solicitor or conveyancer.

No Comments

Comments are closed.